Fire & Emergency Services
THOROLD FIRE AND EMERGENCY SERVICES
Fire and Emergency Services are responsible for the prevention and control of fires and the protection of life and property for the citizens of Thorold. We are a composite department, consisting of both career (18) and volunteer (110) firefighters.
Did You Know?
- Thorold Fire Stations 2 and 4 are formally accredited through Fire Underwriters Survey to deliver Alternative Water Supply for Public Fire Protection via Superior Tanker Shuttle Service within their respective districts. Click here to view or print the Accreditation Letter and Certificates .
- We welcome group or personal visits to our Fire Stations.
- Fire Safety Public Education can be provided to the general public upon request.
- Each residential building must have a minimum of one working smoke alarm installed on every level of every house and a carbon monoxide detector outside every sleeping area.
- Open air burning is not permitted in Thorold.
- Fireworks and displays are controlled by City By-law.
Please note that applications to be a volunteer firefighter are accepted during the recruitment process only. Please visit the Recruitment (VFF) link on the menu bar for further details and requirements.
All volunteers are provided with certification in C.P.R., Standard First Aid, defibrillation, DZ licensing, specialized training related to fire services, a dress uniform, and personal protective equipment.